New Mexico Beach Volleyball Videos

Aspen Battle, 2007 Part I Part II

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Going back to Cali...

OK, so I'm not referring to a terrible 80's song here. Loric and I have the opportunity to travel back to the coast at the end of May. We're excited because it looks like we'll get to play the AVP qualifier in Huntington and a CBVA event in Hermosa. We'll also have a little extra time to get on the beach during the week and hopefully fall into some good games. We're all looking forward to a mini vacation.
So, I guess I need to refocus my training. The work in the winter definately feels like it is paying off, my legs were fresh through the whole KoB on Saturday. One thing I didn't like was that I felt a bit winded during some of the longer rallies. So, I must face my nemesis and do that sprinting and cardio work I've been trying so hard to put off. If I can get good wind here at 7,500 ft, then hopefully I'll have no problems at sea level. Loric's been playing great and is in great shape, he's a runner and has been jumping super high this year. We should have better sand legs on this trip and certainly will have had tons more time playing on the court. We're stoked to get up against some of the best competition.

No comments: