New Mexico Beach Volleyball Videos

Aspen Battle, 2007 Part I Part II

Friday, May 19, 2006

Gearing up!

OK, so tomorrow starts a long string of tournaments for us. We're definately ready for the months ahead. We've both been training and practicing hard, now it is time to put all that work to the test. For myself, I've been hitting the gym hard the last few weeks, lots of erxplosive and compund exercises. Single leg squats and deadlifts and things of the like. Also plyos - depth jumps, broad jumps, get ups, etc. And my new favorite, agility ladder work thanks to my friend Steph that loaned one to me. This is great for developing foot quickness, which is a big key on the court. I've been out playing 3 times a week, including one day on the weekend that Loric and I have been getting together for the last couple months or so. So, physically - ready. Mentally - I think we're feeling strong, focused and confident. We know we've put the work in, so it's time to see the results. We will be challenged for sure, especially next weekend at the qualifier and open tournaments in California, but that's what it is all about. Things seem to be falling into place and we are ready to have some great fun.

Now the big news: You may have noticed a sponsor section at the left. That's right, VolleyChick.com is our new sponsor for the Huntington AVP qualifier and we are very happy to have them on board. Check out their site, they've got a line for dudes and lots for girls, women, moms to be and volleybabies. Smith sport and Badger have also signed on as supporters.

I hope to figure out the audio blogger feature so we can post updates in real time while we are out in CA. OK, time to get some rest before tomorrow's tourney.

No comments: