New Mexico Beach Volleyball Videos

Aspen Battle, 2007 Part I Part II

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Back to playin' and trainin'


We got out this past weekend, after a coupl eof week hiatus since returning from CA. The weather has finally warmed up, so it is feeling spring like. We got to play with a bunch of guys on Sunday, including Rob and some guys out for the first time this year: Matt V., Colin, Edmund and some others that stopped by. It was lots of fun, even though things don't always work the way you want them to in the early season. I got back to the gym these last couple of weeks as my schedule has finally started to free up a bit. I've been doing fairly light loads a couple days a week. Some compound exercises which have been good: Bulgarian squats, one leg deadlifts, cleans, etc. Also been doing some plyos in the gym, focusing on quickness. The three drills are: long jumps, depth jumps, and 60 second drill which involves jumping on and off a bench quickly. It's clear to me that this time of the season needs to be focused on developing endurance, foot quickness and skills. I guess it's SAQ time - speed, agility, quickness. I got my medicine ball, weight belt, and rope so I'll be doing lots of fun stuff in the sand. Daylight savings is great, and we're going to hit the sand tomorrow night for the first time. Playing regularly should be a big boon to getting the skills up to speed fairly quickly. OK, next post - about tournaments!

No comments: